The Students are selected according to the following priorities;
To consolidate the Union Spirit and amity among the nationalities youth while studying together.
1. To foster and belief in Three Main National Causes which are Non- disintegration of the union, Non-disintegration of the national solidarity and perpetuation of the sovereignty of the State.
2. To understand and cherish the culture, traditions, good customs and practices of the national races.
3. To nurture and build up the morale and enthusiasm in the development work of border areas and the uplift of the living standard of the national races.
4. To foster the morale of willingness to strive with might and main in the building of a new modern developed nation.
5. To enable them to carry out the development of their respective regions after completing their basic education courses.
Department of Education provides accommodation, food, clothing and education expenses for the nationalities youth students. The students can learn their subjects at primary, middle and high scholar. Arrangements have been made upon the high scholar students by providing with special exam-guide booklets and additional teachings of experienced teachers. Among them the matriculated male students are admitted to the Nationalities Youth Resource Development Degree Colleges to continue their higher education. Similarly the matriculated female students are also managed to attend the nursing and the midwifery training courses as well as to the B.Ed. courses at the University for the Development of the Nationalities Races of the Union.